Here’s how to properly cancel your Unifi Fibre account. To begin, you must understand that once you subscribe to Unifi, you will be locked into a 24-month contract. If you terminate your account during this time frame, you will be charged a fee.
Penalty charges in detail
Any cancellation of Unifi Home within the contract period:
- Unifi Basic plan (30Mbps – RM79) & Unifi Lite plan (100Mbps – RM129) would result in a penalty of the remaining months.
- Other outdated packages will incur an RM500 penalty cost.
The early termination penalty for Unifi TV pack (for previous packages) will be dependent on the remaining monthly membership charge of the Unifi TV pack you subscribed to:
- RM30/month for Aneka+/Varnam+/Ruby+
- Ultimate: RM60 per month
Situation 1: Following the 24-month agreement
You must provide TM 30 days’ notice if you intend to cancel or terminate your Unifi Fibre account. This will enable the TM billing system to create your account’s pre-final bill.
- You can ask to have your Unifi account terminated by any TM digital channel:
- Unifi’s self-help website offers live chat at unifi.com.my/chat/index.html.
- Using Facebook, go to facebook.com/weareunifi
- @helpmeunifi on Twitter
2. You’ll get a pre-final bill from TM that details your remaining debt.
3. Visit any nearby TMpoint location between Days 31 and 35 to submit the termination request.
Important! Your prior 30 days of termination notice could no longer be valid if you visit the TMpoint after Day 35 in step 3 above. Most likely, you’ll have to extend TM 4’s notice period by another 30 days.
4. You will get a final statement after the termination request has been completed that includes a total of all the consumption incurred over the previous 30 days.
Any deposit payments will also be prorated in the final bill along with the penalty for termination within the contract time or for failure to return the equipment (if applicable).
5. Pay the full amount due, including any penalties that were included in the final bill.
6. The termination is deemed final after money has been received.
7. Save the payment receipt for your records.
Also, if you are unable to go into a TMpoint location directly, you may designate a representative to do so on your behalf, providing them with a letter of authorization and a copy of your ID.
- Log in to your Unifi account online, to request for termination.
- Pay all your outstanding bills. Unifi will provide your per-final bill indicating your outstanding balance. Upon payment settlement, they will proceed with termination order on day 31 from your termination notice.
- After successfully submitting a termination request, you’ll receive this pop-up alerting you of the steps. Once you confirm, you’ll see a service termination window. It helps to check if you have any contractual months balance as you’ll need to pay penalty fees for that.
- Double check, so that you don’t have any balance.
- Just pick any reasons why you’re terminating the services.
- You needed to agree to the termination conditions and click confirm, then wait for someone to call me within 7 working days for verification.
Situation 2: During the 24-month agreement
Note: You should also validate that Unifi Fibre and Streamyx coverage do not exist in your new home. In addition, Streamyx coverage is available; however, you must downgrade to Streamyx and cannot cancel without incurring a fee.
The modem and router must be sent back to the TMpoint.
Here is how I personally ended my Unifi Fibre account:
1. Pay any bills that are still due.
2. Head to the closest TMpoint with the modem and router.
3. Obtain your number and the Termination form from the counter.
4. Complete the Form of Termination.
5. Attend to your turn.
Tell them to cancel your subscription because you no longer have coverage at your new residence.
7. They’ll require documentation to show that your new home lacks Streamyx and Unifi coverage.
8. Give them the work and then return.
9. They’ll send a technician to verify the problem within 3 to 7 business days.
10. Finally, your Unifi Fibre account will be cancelled without cause after 7 days.